There are many reasons for wanting to build a shed. You might need a new place to store your lawn mower, tools, etc. Or the garage is getting too cluttered and you want to move all the excess items to a new place so that only your car is in the garage while everything else is in a shed. Building a shed will make things more organized for you.
However, the idea of hiring a professional woodworker or carpenter to build one for you can be troubling. For starters, there is the hassle of finding a reliable person for the job. Over and above that, it can be costly and you may need to fork out quite a bit of money to pay for it. This is enough to make most people balk at the idea of hiring someone for the job.
It seems so much easier to build one yourself. It will save you money and of course, you will do the best job that you can since it’s your shed. You won’t cut corners and it will be a work of passion instead of getting a stranger who nonchalantly builds one as fast as he can just so that he can get his fee and leave.
The problem that most people face is that they just don’t know where to start. Building a shed seems like a massive project, even if it really isn’t. The idea of doing it yourself seems intimidating. Doubts and questions will arise and most people don’t have any clue as to where to start.
Well… now things have just become a whole lot easier!
Ryan Henderson has compiled and created a collection of over 12,000 shed plans. Ryan, himself is a very experienced woodworker with more than 20 years of experience when it comes to building sheds. This is a man who knows his shed. Pun fully intended.
My Shed Plans is an online bestseller that has sold thousands of copies and it’s still right at the top. Many websites all over the net recommend Ryan’s shed plans as a reliable resource when it comes to building your own shed. It has stood the test of time and shown that this is a reliable product.
To the layman who has never built a shed before, building one from scratch can seem like a massive undertaking. The truth of the matter is that with the right plans, specifications, material list and tips, you could actually build one quite easily without fear.
You just need the right information laid out for you in a step-by-step manner. Ryan does exactly that. Now let’s examine the pros and cons of My Shed Plans and see if this is a product worth buying.
The Good Points:
1) The biggest selling point of Ryan’s Shed Plans collection is the sheer size. With over 12,000 shed plans, there’s a plan for everyone. There are simple plans for the hobbyist and there are advanced plans for those who wish to challenge themselves.
Besides sheds, there are many other plans that allow you to build:
* Adirondack Chair
* Bench Outdoor
* Boat Landing
* Bungalow Mailbox
* Decking & Fences
* Dog House
* Dog Kennel
* Garden Bench
* Glider Swing
* Monterey Potting Center
* Nursery Wagon
* Outdoor Stairs
* Playground Equipment
* Railing Planter
* Shed buying guide
* Storage Shed
All you need are the woodworking skills to do the job. If you want to build your skills, you might want to check out Ted’s Woodworking Plans which will really complement Ryan’s guide. You don’t necessarily need Ted’s guide… but it really helps broaden your knowledge on woodworking and related skills. The woodworking hobbyist will love it.
2) Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication and Ryan knows that. His blueprints are simple to follow. The instructions are concise and written in simple English so that just about anyone can read and understand them. The diagrams and illustrations will help to give you an idea of how the finished shed is going to look like.
It would be a good practice to read through the plan and examine it before starting off on the project. Many beginners blindly start off and later on realize that they either need more space for the shed or they ordered insufficient raw material. The entire project becomes a nightmare due to lack of planning. So, do try and understand the plans before taking action on them.
3) You’ll be provided a material list for each project and this will prevent wastage. Too many people buy way more than what they need for the project and the excess material goes to waste. With these material lists, you’ll know exactly what to buy and how much to buy.
Do try and get a good deal from the guy at the store. Since you’re building a shed and not a table, you’ll require more supplies and you should try and get it all at once. This will be a bulk purchase and you’ll be able to persuade the store owner to give you a discount on your purchase.
4) Just when you thought the package was huge, Ryan goes a step further and has a bonus package of 5000 more shed plans and you get it absolutely free. Variety is the spice of life. You’ll be spoiled for choice. To make things better, you’ll get garage plans and also DWG/CAD illustrations.
There is also a guide on the basics of woodworking and many other woodworking tips and tricks shared by industry experts. This collection will broaden your knowledge on woodworking and set you on the path to becoming an expert woodworker.
5) As with all things, over time there will be wear and tear. The shed you built will get worn down and damaged. With the information in My Shed Plans, you’ll know how to remedy the situation and restore your shed.
6) Ryan has so much faith in his product that he has put his money where his mouth is. My Shed Plans has a money back guarantee that is valid for 60 days. You’ll be able to try out the plans and see if you like what you get. You have 2 months to test the product out and see if it works for you. This is fantastic. What’s impressive is that despite this guarantee, the product has a very low refund rate. This is testimony that My Shed Plans delivers on what it says it will.
7) This is a highly affordable product. While there may be books on the market that are cheaper, you’ll just not get this many plans. In fact, there are many more guides that are far more expensive than Ryan’s shed plans but they don’t have the variety or benefits that this one does. You’re definitely getting value for money here.
8) This guide will save you money if you use it. Could you imagine paying hundreds or even thousands to hire a carpenter to build one for you? My Shed Plans only costs $37. This is a one-time fee. With some time and elbow grease, you could build on your own at a fraction of the cost.
Over and above that, you will have something that you can look at and be proud of… not to mention that you get bragging rights and can tell your friends and family that you built it. Build a nice shed and your wife will never hear the last of it.
9) With Ryan’s plans, you’ll actually be able to start a profitable business building sheds for others. The plans give you everything you need to do your job well. The enterprising individual with the right skills will be able to build sheds for people who may not have a clue as to how to build one… or they may just not want the hassle.
If you love working with your hands and want to get paid thousands for it, you can offer a shed building service to others. With a business card and some networking, you could actually have a very profitable shed building business.
You already have all the plans that you could possibly need with My Shed Plans. All you need to do is build them for cash. Do remember to work out some arrangement with your local supplies store so that you get your supplies at a discounted rate since you’re a regular customer. This will increase your profit margins.
10) Beginners will find this product very helpful because there are simple plans to follow. It can be very intimidating to build your very own shed. If the plan is too difficult to follow or beyond your skill level, you’ll end up with a half-finished project that will be a sight for sore eyes and a reminder of your failure to complete what you started. Not to mention that you’d have spent time and money for nothing.
In My Shed Plans, you’ll have access to plans that fall within your skill level and you’ll be amazed at what you can do with the right plan.
The Bad Points:
1) As with all things, size can be overwhelming and 12,000 plans is quite a bit to go through. Some people might feel intimidated and not know where to start. Everything will seem good and they may find it difficult to choose the ‘perfect’ plan.
Take your time and go through the collection. You do not need to immediately pick one and get started. Think about your needs for the shed. By having a good idea of why you’re building the shed, you won’t be skimming the collection mindlessly without knowing what to pick.
A general rule of thumb is that a shed is used to store tools and other equipment that may be taking up too much place in your garage. If you wish to move all your equipment from your garage to the shed, it would be a good idea to make a list of all current equipment and any future equipment/tools that you may buy. Now you’ll know roughly how much space you need and what kind of shed to build. This will make choosing a shed much easier.
2) My Shed Plans is a digital download and you can only get it online. That essentially means that you’ll need an internet connection to buy and access this product. Later on, you can choose to print out the plan that you want for easier reference.
3) It’s best to have some woodworking knowledge so that you know how to read the plans and do what you need to do to build the shed. This guide is not a miracle product that will take you from a newbie without a clue to an expert woodworker. You will need a basic understanding of woodworking.
Should You Get It?
With ‘My Shed Plans’ you’ll greatly reduce the learning curve and be able to build your outdoor shed faster and with ease. It gives you the knowledge and specifications to create a shed that looks like it was built by an expert.
Of course, it will help if you have basic woodworking skills. If you don’t, as mentioned earlier, you may wish to invest in Ted’s Woodworking Plans because of the wealth of information that will help you become an excellent woodworker.
With over 12,000 plans, you don’t even need to think twice about purchasing My Shed Plans. It’s an excellent investment. After building your shed, you might decide to knock it down after 3 years and build a new one. Once again, you could refer to My Shed Plans and use a new plan.
Your son will be able to use these plans when he grows up. You could move to any part of the country and if you need to build a shed, you can rest assured that you’ll be able to find a plan that works for you.
This is a one-time investment that will reap rewards over and over for a long time. As far as shed plans go, there is no collection out there as varied or comprehensive as Ryan’s collection. Most aren’t as easy as Ryan’s plans either. So, you can definitely put your faith in this guide and get it today.
For my full in depth review of My Shed Plans, watch the video below.